Monday, September 17, 2012

Our Cultures

Aloha families!  I can't believe that there are only two weeks left of this quarter.   Our time has gone by very quickly, mainly because we are a bunch of busy bees!!

I sent home our Wednesday envelopes early just to remind you of some things that are happening this week.  I talked with the students about bringing in an artifact today and they are very excited to bring in something to share. 

We are finishing up our family trees and they are going to be really cute!!


Just some other reminders.  Our school is scheduled for pictures on Friday September 21st. Unfortunately I will not be here:(  I have to attend a mandated district workshop and this Friday was the only time I could fit it into my schedule.  I am sorry that I will not be in the class picture.  I guess we will have to do a different picture at another time.

Thank you to all my volunteers who signed up to help in the classroom.  Lori Cataluna will be our room parent this year and Sofia Beschen has signed up to xerox for us.  If you would like to come in to grade papers I could use someone on Tuesday morning or Wednesday morning.

One last exciting thing. Our Donor's Choose project was fully funded last week!! Hurray!! We will be receiving 4 new individual CD players to use in the class for our Listening Center.

Student CD Player

I just submitted another project for some new books on cd to our collection, which is pretty small at the moment.  If you would like to donate to this project please click on the following link and it will take you to the Donor's Choose site.  I am not sure how much longer we have for the Ala Moana match, but don't forget the access code is Mall.


If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.





No comments:

Post a Comment