Monday, September 10, 2012

Timelines and Family Trees

Aloha everyone! Hope you had an enjoyable weekend! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful timelines, they are adorable!!  The students absolutely love looking at them and showing their growth over time. If you haven't sent it in yet please send it anytime.  We are displaying them until the end of the quarter which is the end of this month.


Today I sent home a Family Tree worksheet.  When you have some time please fill out just the first name of each family member if possible.  Students don't need to return them until Thursday.  We are learning about History and Culture for the rest of the month.  Next week we will be doing some activities that have to do with our different cultures.   I would like each child to bring in an item or picture that relates to their familie's ancestry or culture.  My family originates  from Mexico so I might share the Mexican flag and a maraca that I have.  I will send a reminder in the Wednesday envelope and they can bring it in anytime next week.



I would like to thank everyone who signed up to volunteer this year. I am sending home a note in the Wednesday envelope for volunteers to come in to grade/file papers and assist in the morning from 8:00-8:30, a Xerox person to come once a week, and a parent to come in to work on the books in our book hospital.  It is filling up with books in need of repair.


   Please send me an email or stop by if you can assist in any of these areas.

Again thank you for all of your assistance so far this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment