Monday, August 20, 2012

Timelines, Surfer of The Week, and Open House

Aloha Families! I hope everyone had a nice three day weekend.  Last week we started learning about history through timelines.  Today I sent home a timeline with each student to complete at home.

I know that some of you may not have pictures for certain years, so please just improvise or have your child draw a picture of themselves at that age.  Remember this is a family project so please help your child to choose some pictures that are appropriate and let them do the writing and decorating.
Here is a sample timeline that my daughter completed last year.


This project is not due until September 7th so you can work on it a little at a time.
Don't worry I will return all timelines by the end of the year.

This week we also started our Surfer of The Week.

This week it is me:)


I brought in lots of items to share to teach the students all about myself.  I brought pictures, awards, toys, and drawings.   This gives the students lots of information so that they can write me a nice letter about all the things they like about me.

I also shared my timeline.



Each Friday I will pick a new Surfer of The Week.  This is a random drawing, so we never know who will be next.  If you child is chosen then they will receive a note to take home to tell families.  They will also get to bring home a special friend!


Skippy Jon will come home with your child for the weekend.  Your child will take good care of Skippy Jon and have lots of adventures.  In his weekend bag he will have his book and his journal.  Your child will write about the adventures and share with the class on Monday.  I will send home permission slips on Wednesday that explain it in more detail.

Don't forget that Open House in on Wednesday.  I will open the classroom at 6:15.  You are welcome to come in and see all the fu things we have been up to.  I look forward to meeting and talking with everyone on Wednesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment